Nokia N81 8GB on Next G?

Posted by 70sfamily | 4:32:00 PM


Hello everyone.

I have a Nokia N81 8GB, and i purchased it in singapore. When i got back to australia, i inserted my GSM simcard, and the phone went to telstras GSM network. Later on, i blocked my simcard in my sisters phone, so i went and got a Next G (3G) simcard. The only problem is that the phone won't access the Next G network. It insists on sticking me back onto the GSM network. I know that the phone is compatible on the 850 and 2100 bands (see nokias website) but my phone will not access them.

I have run a search for networks, and the only ones found (under Dual Mode) is Telstra and YES OPTUS. (I live in Geraldton, Western Australia). Could someone please help me?

Bakhtiar
As far as i know the phone is not capable of supporting USIM cards...if it is than talk to telstar customer service and they should help in resolving the issue...and if you're phone is unlocked than this could also be one of the reason...

What do you think? Answer below!
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed!

Orignal From: Nokia N81 8GB on Next G?

0 comments